Red Quill Solutions
CULTURE | STRATEGY | EXECUTION | COACHING
About Greg Karl
Greg Karl is a 25+ year veteran of the hospitality industry. Passionate about creating amazing experiences, companies and leaders, Greg has been a lifelong student of the industry with an emphasis on personal, leadership and organizational development.
Greg was the President of Epicurean Group from 2008 – 2018, leading the team to large growth, while scaling the company’s operational excellence, quality and profit. Epicurean is now annually one of the Top Catering Companies in the World by Special Events Magazine.
During his tenure Epicurean grew its offerings from Off-Premise Catering to Restaurants, Venue Management, Destination Management and Sports Hospitality with long term contracts in Art Museums, Performing Arts Centers and Professional Sports Hospitality including the Premium Concessionaire for the Denver Broncos Football Club.
Greg is experienced in leading change in his and other organizations through training and implementing the work of Jim Collins (Good to Great, Built to Last), EOS Traction, Mastering the Rockefeller Habits, Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Danny Myers Hospitality Quotient, ACT Training and many other methods. A 10 year member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) has brought Greg into an enormous amount of detailed experience and training in a large variety of businesses and methods.
Greg is a father of two wonderful high school daughters and has been happily married to his wife, Michelle of 20 years. Greg has a daily practice of journaling, meditation and is student of Stoicism. Outside of work and family, his passions for adventure include being an avid fly fisherman and mountain biker. Greg has competed in seven Adventure Races and Xterra Triathlons. From 2016-2017, Greg built a 17’ mahogany drift boat in his garage and upon completion, he and his family took a three week journey to float and fly fish some of the world’s best rivers in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and British Columbia.
In 2014, Greg and Michelle began investing, consulting and Executive Coaching in and out of the Hospitality industry. In October of 2018, they decided to follow Greg’s passions for strategy, leadership development and coaching as well as Michelle’s counseling experience and start their own consulting company, Red Quill Solutions.
Greg and Michelle Karl were recently awarded the Young Presidents Organization’s International Award for “Best Retreat” bringing 60+ CEO’s to the desert of Utah for a custom, private glamping and “Burning Man” style retreat. As CEOs and Executives, we are “The Man” along with the ego and persona that comes along with it. At this customized, three day program, individuals were encouraged to “burn” down their ego/persona and build up the vision of the man or woman that they want to truly become in their lives. Through private messages from family and friends, art, adventure and music, the Executives transformed. And of course, there were amazing culinary and event experiences along the way!
Recent Awards, Recognition, Speaking Engagements
- International Award for Best Retreat, Young Presidents Organization (YPO)
- Meetings Industry Council (MIC), Denver Leader of the Year Finalist
- Denver Business Journal, 40 Under Forty Business Leader
- International Caterers Association, 6 Year Board Member
- Leading Caterers of America, Principle Member and Committee Member since inception
- Numerous company and team awards with Epicurean Group
- Board Member – The Adoption Exchange, Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
- Public Speaking/Featured Articles
- Catersource – Catering Industry Conference & Magazine
- Hosts Global International Conference – Belfast, Ireland and New Orleans
- Hosts Global Best Practices Conference – Denver
- ALSD – Association of Luxury Suite Directors Conference
- PCMA – Professional Convention Management Association Conference
- MPI – Meeting Planners International Conference